The fucking best cookies ever! The salt really makes these!
- 1/2 cup soft coconut oil (not melted)
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3/4 cup raisins
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together coconut oil and brown sugar. Add the egg and vanilla extract and blend until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together almond meal, whole wheat pastry flour, rolled oats, baking soda, cinnamon, sea salt, and raisins. Using a spatula, stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill the cookie dough in the fridge for at least 15 minutes. After 10 minutes, begin preheating your oven to 350*F and line your baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Remove the cookie dough from the fridge and roll cookies into 1 – 1 1/2 inch balls. Place each cookie about 2 inches apart on your baking sheets and lightly press down with your hands.
- Bake cookies for 10 – 12 minutes. Cookies with still be soft after baking, so let cool them on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing. Cool completely on a wired cooling rack and store in an air-tight container.