For cozy, comfy times… slathered in butter 😉
- ¼ cup milk of your choice
- 6 Tbsp olive oil, butter, ghee or coconut oil
- 6 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 ¼ cups mashed ripe bananas (approximately 5 bananas)
- 2 cups flour
- we use 1 cup spelt, ¼ almond meal, ¾ cup whole wheat
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 cup chopped nuts + seeds
- walnuts, pecans and pumpkin seeds
- ¾ cup chopped dark chocolate (100g) – optional
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C)
- Line an 8″ x 8″ cake pan or loaf pan with baking paper, or lightly oil and dust with flour, shaking out excess.
- Put the milk, oil, maple syrup, vanilla and bananas in a blender and blend until smooth
- In a large bowl combine dry ingredients. Add banana mixture and combine using as few strokes as possible. Fold in nuts and chocolate.
- Pour into pan and smooth the top. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Time will vary greatly depending on your oven and pan used, but should take roughly 40 minutes. Check at the 30 minute mark.