Rich, naturally sweetened chocolate syrup with 5 ingredients in 1 pot! Perfect for topping ice cream or stirring into almond milk!
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder (or unsweetened cocoa powder)
- 2 Tbsp (25g) minced cacao butter (or bittersweet/dark chocolate)
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Add water, maple syrup, cacao powder, cacao butter and salt into a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Whisk to combine.
- Reduce heat slightly and cook on a rolling simmer for 5 minutes until thickened, whisking occasionally. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Taste and adjust flavour as needed; maple syrup for sweetness, salt for flavour balance or cacao powder for more intense chocolate flavour.
- Use immediately as a hot chocolate sauce or let it cool and store in a jar. It will thicken in the fridge which you can thin by adding 1-3 Tbsp of water or milk.
Will store in the fridge up to 2 weeks, sometimes a bit longer.